Our discussion group will meet each Wednesday at 1:00pm in the Gathering Area. This will be a eleven-week study, and here is the schedule of readings:
- 9/14: 1 The Practice of Waking Up to God: Vision. and 2 The Practice of Paying Attention: Reverence. pp. 1-34
- 9/21: 3 The Practice of Wearing Skin: Incarnation. pp. 35-52
- 9/28: 4 The Practice of Walking On Earth: Groundedness. pp. 53-68
- 10/5: 5 The Practice of Getting Lost: Wilderness. pp. 69-86
- 10/12: 6 The Practice of Encountering Others: Community. pp. 87-106
- 10/19: 7 The Practice of Living with Purpose: Vocation. pp. 107-120
- 10/26: 8 The Practice of Saying No: Sabbath. pp. 121-140
- 11/2: 9 The Practice of Carrying Water: Physical Labor. pp. 141-154
- 11/9: 10 The Practice of Feeling Pain: Breakthrough. pp. 155-174
- 11/16: 11 The Practice of Being Present to God: Prayer.
- 11/23: 12 The Practice of Pronouncing Blessings: Benediction.
New Book Coming Soon!
For our next Wednesday book discussion, I'd like us to do something a little different. Please join me in reading Dr. Amy-Jill Levine's book Toward the Kingdom of Heaven: 40 Daily Readings on the Sermon on the Mount. Each daily meditation is partnered with its own corresponding scripture readings, so make sure your Bible is handy.
We will begin reading Toward the Kingdom of Heaven on the First Sunday of Advent, November 27th, and continue reading each daily meditation through the twelfth day of Christmas, January 5, 2023. We will meet together and discuss our readings as usual each Wednesday afternoon at 1:00 in the Gathering Area. All are welcome to participate!